Wednesday 10 October 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes


When I was little ~ 11 and under~ my favourite ice-cream was rainbow. As a kid I never bothered trying other flavours, I was firm in my understanding that there was No better flavour then rainbow.

I've moved on. Today I eat the delicious and mature flavours of macadamia and raspberry.
However every once in a while I have an urge to make cook something pretty, not because I'm craving cake (Although I was!) , but because pretty food makes me smile.

A faint trace of my early ice-cream choices still remains, so I made Rainbow Cupcakes.

SAM_1751

I know right? Feel those cupcakes cravings consume you~ and go make your own.

You will need:

A cake/cupcake batter ( I used the plain cake recipe from The Common Sense Cookbook)
4 different food dyes
A cupcake tray
Cupcake cases
A lot of spoons (I used about 6)
 4 small bowls

1. Take the bowls and fill them almost to the top with cake batter.
SAM_1730

2. Stir a different dye into each bowl, until the colour is evenly mixed.


3. Start with one colour and place a small spoonful of batter in each cupcake case. Repeat with all of the remaining colours.

SAM_1735

4. Even out the top of the cupcake,and very gently shake the tray until the batter is in the cupcake case shape.

5. Bake for 20min or until a fork comes out clean when stuck in a cupcake.

SAM_1739

Ice and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment